just when I think I'm out.....
OK the last post turned out even worse that I thought. Seriously, we can fake a moon landing, but we can't get good blog'ing software these days? Thats BS. Oh, and I hate the word blog. So, for the sake of my own OCD like tendancies
to have neat entries, you're getting a bonus entry tonite, but dont forget to check out the pictures, either.It has been brought to my attention recently that people are actually reading this, which excites me. If you are, drop me an email at karl.arthur@ezweb.ne.jp with things you want to see on the journal, or things I've written about you would want to see, I'm open to suggestions.
They just came out with Christmas Qoo at the depaato (department store in japanese.) Readers of the blog know my thoughts on normal Qoo, and I couldnt be happier that Qoo is choosing to embrace the Christmas Spirit.
Speaking of Christmas, since no one cares about J-Dawg in Japan, Christmas is the biggest date holiday of the year. It is considered a guarenteed night to get some, and if you are single you just stay home. Nao told me this right before asking if I was staying over Christmas break. I'm not. Fuck.
So the garbage is piling up in my room. The reason for this is I am too stupid to throw it out, and too lazy. Japan has the most intensive recycling program in the world. You must seperate your trash in to the following piles:Newspaper
Magazines
Burnables
Non-Burnables
Cans
Bottles
Plastics
To boot, there is no 'default' bin, like in the states, since none of the above would work for any garbage. So this results in most American students having huge piles of trash in their room, for fear of punishment if they are caught dump and running in the morning. The other alternative would be to seperate out everything, but I think it would be less confusing to solve the puzzle cube from Hellraiser.
The people of Japan, however, strictly follow these recycling rules. I have yet to see one Japanese person place a piece of trash in the wrong bin, and there is barely barely ever even one piece of stray garbage anywhere, even in the streets. This confuses me since most places do not contain garbage bins, and me and my buddies have searched for over an hour trying to find an appropriate bin for trash downtown, yet you never see any Japanese person carrying a piece of refuse.
Where the fuck are these people hiding their trash?!
What you see if what you get, and you ain't seen nothing yet.
karl.arthur

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home