It's Night Time in Tokyo

the trials and tribulations of a 22 year old american student studying in tokyo, japan.

2005/11/12

I took the last train home.....

Tonight I hung out with someone who can fluently speak more than 4 languages, a german student studying japanese in tokyo, a half-japanese french girl, a guy from switzerland, a former high school english teacher, a japanese medical student, a japanese nurse and a guy named gabe. It was a fun night.

It's 1:12 AM in tokyo as I am writing this, and I can't decide what to put down. There's too much spilling out of me at once, and I am doing all I can to funnel some of it through my fingers on to this page, but as hard as I try ideas are splashing everywhere. So here goes.

The pillow I am currently laying against is about a foot by nine inches. It is filled with tiny plastic pellets. This type of pillow is the norm for Japan, they do not use feather filled pillows. Rather than change, I opt to fold my comforter up and place it at the head of my bed.

I've been in 2 earthquakes since I've been here. The first one I didnt realize happened because I was masturbating during it and I assumed it was me shaking the bed. The second almost scared me for the first time in 12 years.

On the train ride home tonite, I read a Batman manga I picked up for 105 yen. I let a Japanese student next to me on the train read it with me. He got to read the manga to pass the time on the train and he translated words I didnt understand. I think it was the healthiest relationship with anybody I've ever experienced. What does that say about me?

There is a drink made by coca cola here named Qoo (pronounced koo.) It tastes like a carbonated orange juice and I drink it by the gallons. I wonder how much it costs to import Qoo.

Japanese newspapers have porn in them.

I can hear the rain hitting the roof above me. It reminds me of the sounds of keyboards, and of the computer lab in high school. I think about those days, and feel sorry for that self, and for the friends he thought he could count on.

The second bar we went to tonite was a french themed bar. It had metal railings everywhere, underwear on the wall and all the lights were red. In the corner was a fish tank containing one solitary giant trout. Is this what the Japanese think France is like? I know its what I think its like.

Frosted Flakes are called Corn Frosties in Japan.

Sweet dreams,
karl arthur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home