wednesday nights for the ladies
Short post tonight, sorry, but I got home late and I need to sleep! Tomorrow I think I will do an all picture post, and spend tomorrow getting good shots from around Tokyo.
Yesterday morning I was awaken by a large earthquake. This would be my third since coming to Japan.
In Japan all the toilet seats are heated and spray water at your butt. Some toilets play the sound of water running while you take a shit. Few toilets come stocked with toilet paper.
In Japan every wedenesday night is ladies night at the movies, they get in at a highly
discounted price. This price is still higher than what most theatres cost in the US.
Tonight I saw In Her Shoes with Nao. As it was ladies night, the audience was primarily women aged 18-35. By primarily I mean I could literally count the number of men in attendence, out of about 500 people, on my fingers. In Her Shoes is a hollywood movie,and was shown with subtitles in japanese, while maintaining the original english language sound track. The subtitles were ridiculously off at times, and Japanese people often laughed at unintended jokes made by the subtitles. I laughed with them really hard so they all thought I could fully understand Japanese, and it made me feel smart.
The movie was a chick flick, and the sea of women around me nearly drowned me in their tears, the sniffles were overwhelming. Luckily for me, I have a cold and their sniffles drowned out my own. Afterwards me and Nao hung around Shinjuku for a few hours doing what young people do when they are out on the town.
The smallest bill in Japan is 1000 yen, around US 9 or 10 bucks. Everything else is coinage below it.
~karl arthur

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home