It's Night Time in Tokyo

the trials and tribulations of a 22 year old american student studying in tokyo, japan.

2005/11/19

i-fucking-ma

Tonights post is coming to you from a manga kissa. I wrote about them in a previous post. As I was writing the previous sentence an extremely drunk japanese girl came in to my booth and turned on my light, then shut my door. I couldnt tell if she wanted me to follow her or was trying to be a jerk. I can feel her passing out against our mutual wall though as I type this (shes in the next booth over.)

Fuck! While I was writing that previous paragraph, a kissa-in (kissa employee) came down to tell me he got the phone charging station working again. However, we then discovered that the plug that I need was being used, and theres no way to tell when the person using it will return to retrieve his phone. Fuck! I really really wanted to call Nao (maybe its better I don`t, I`m drunk.)

No photos tonight, but I 100% promise that by Sunday there will be an all photo post with at least 20 pictures of japanese life with captions. Boy Scout`s Honor.

Tonight I was supposed to go see Oasis with Ikuko in Yoyogi, but she had to cancel last second. She sent her friend Ai in her place. Ai is cuter than Ikuko and a party animal, I am almost glad Ikuko cancelled. Wait, I am glad. Glad.

Glad.

Oasis kinda sucked live. I was far away, and they played a short set, an hour I would guess. Sounds like a long time, but there was no opener and the tickets cost me 7000 yen apiece, about 65 dollars. Liam Gallagher, the main singer, acted like a dick the whole time and walked off stage without even waving before the drums rang out on the final song. His brother Noel and the rest of the band, however, waited and waved to the fans, and threw some things to them. Plus the songs Noel sang sounded 10x better than when Liam sang, too much fucking smoking and Jack Daniels, I think, his voice was all raspy and weak. So to conclude, Oasis would be much better if they kicked out Liam Gallagher. Again.

Afterwards me and Ai went to eat at T.G.I.Fridays in Shibuya. This was odd because the menu was exactly the same as the US restaraunt, no Japanese tilt. I think it should be called T.G.I.Kinyoobis though, friday in japanese. Thank God it`s Kinyoobi!

After that we went to a bar in Kabuki-cho where everything cost 300 yen. The host made sure to wave his hand over his head at every beam to indicate I should watch my head, even though the beams were a good 8 or 9 inches above my head. Ai`s friend Kana joined us, completely yopparai (drunk.) Ai told her to show me her great kanji writing skills, and she wrote the kanji (the fancy japanese characters) for "I want to have sex with you right now." I decided not to take her up on the offer, I`m not sure why, but I think it has something to do with how I feel about Nao now. Nao now. I`ve been waiting to write that since she was introduced.

Somehow I missed my train, I`m not sure why, but maybe I did it subconciously because I hate the night commute, and it`ll be easier in the morning.

I can hear the girl in the next booth snoring and....yup! falling off her bed, so I think thats my signal to sign off. Until next time, keep your friends close and your sake closer.
-karl arthur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home